- Sealing gaps around window and door frames.
- Sealing gaps around skirting boards, plasterboard, staircases, architrave and coving.
- Sealing gaps and cracks in plastered walls and ceilings.
- Filling cracks in plaster and wood.
- CM PAINTSEAL can be easily painted or papered over, making it an ideal as a general decorating and renovating filler.
- CM PAINTSEAL is a dispersion sealant, which will achieve excellent adhesion to a drying surface e.g. concrete, timber etc. Such surfaces can therefore be sealed when damp, but not wet.
Preparation of surfaces and application
Surfaces to which CM PAINTSEAL is to adhere, must be clean and free of any loose material, standing water or contaminants which otherwise may impair the bond. Porous surfaces may be damp but not wet. Non-porous surfaces such as aluminium should be cleaned with a suitable solvent such as Xylene.
In large gaps the depth can be reduced using CM FOAM. For perimeter pointing where a fillet is to be applied, the minimum measurement across must be 10mm with minimum depth of 6mm.
External applications should not be considered if rain is imminent. If conditions are suitable for application, ensure joints are properly prepared and apply sealant firmly into the joint using an application gun. Ensure a good solid fill is achieved.
Once applied, the sealant can be tooled to the required finish. A degree of natural shrinkage will occur as a result of drying, so it is advisable to apply the sealant slightly proud of the required level to allow for this. Surrounding surfaces and tools can be cleaned with water.
After 1 hour from application, the sealant can be overpainted.
Store in dry conditions between +5’C and +35’C and do not allow to freeze.